Welcome! The Training and Professional Development Department is here to support the employees of the Anchorage School District in their quest to educate all students for success in life.
Our goal is to serve those professional development needs best facilitated in a centralized fashion.
Areas of emphasis are:
- Mentoring Program for Teachers
- Principal Mentoring Program
- Substitute Teacher Training Program
- Teacher Institute
- Comprehensive Induction Program
- Intern Placement Facilitation
- ASD Summer Academy
- RTI support
- DEEL (Developing Exemplary Educational Leaders) Project
- ASDTube, an online academy for classified and certificated personnel
- Management of mandated trainings
- New Employee Orientation and New Teacher Seminar
- Collaboration with universities and Alaska Staff Development Network
- Centralized coordination of ASD trainings and professional development
The Training and Professional Development (TPD) Department utilizes the MyLearningPlan (MLP) tool to advertise, track, and document the over 6000 annual trainings, inservices, credit courses, and other professional development events sponsored by the Anchorage School District.
We hope our web site is a helpful tool in meeting your professional development needs.
Come and join us in increasing your personal and our organizational growth efforts.
Training and Professional Development