ACE, APA, Exempt, Food Service, Maintenance, Non-represented, and TOTEM employees are covered by the Guardian "VSP Signature" Plan.
How to use Guardian
Find a provider
Guardian offers two ways to find a doctor near your home or office -- the customer service consultants center or their website. To speak to a customer service consultant, call between 8:00 AM and 8:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
- Customer service consultant 1-888-600-1600
- Visit the MetLife Vision website at www.GuardianAnytime.com
- Reference your plan number: 00538822
Set an appointment with your eye doctor
Once you've found a doctor, call the office to make an appointment. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name and that you're a Guardian member
- Your Guardian member number (on your Guardian card) or your plan number: 00538822 - Anchorage School District
- Your Social Security number
- Your date of birth
If you are making an appointment for a dependent, provide the member's name, member's Social Security number and dependent's date of birth. Your doctor will obtain authorization for services. If you are not eligible, the doctor will notify you.
Keep your scheduled appointment and make any co-payments. You are responsible for additional costs from cosmetic options or non-covered services.
Dependent eligibility verification
Your health benefits are an important part of your life and we are continually working to provide good service while keeping costs as low as possible. To do that we need to ensure that the district health plan pays claims only for those dependents who are eligible for benefits. All of the following criteria must be met for a dependent child to be eligible:
- Coverage will be offered for children until age 26
- Children must be enrolled according to the terms of the plan
- Coverage of enrolled children will cease at age 26 unless applicable law requires us to offer coverage for a longer period of time
Please come to the Benefits Office to enroll your newborn within 31 days of birth with a state or hospital birth certificate. Failure to enroll your child within this period will result in loss of medical coverage. You will need to enroll your dependent during the next open enrollment period for coverage to begin the following fiscal year.