Minimum Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year custodial experience required.
- Ability to read and write English required.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and follow oral and written instructions, and to prepare written statements or reports required.
- Knowledge of the J-3 custodial craft, including methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in custodial work required.
- Ability to use common electrical cleaning equipment safely and effectively.
- Ability to keep equipment properly cleaned after use and when in storage.
- Ability to perform strenuous manual custodial work.
- Ability to supervise children required.
- Ability to communicate with the school staff, co-workers, and public required.
- Successful completion of written test of custodial requirements administered by Human Resources and on file.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans entryways, sweeps and dust mops halls, cleans entryway and office glass.
- Sets up and takes down cafeteria tables for lunch, cleans cafeteria and tables after lunch, assisted by the Building Plant Operator, if available).
- Checks restrooms before and after lunch period, and cleans and restocks restrooms as needed.
- Cleans spills during lunch period and throughout the day, mops water from melted snow, rain, etc.
- Cleans school administrative, office and support areas as assigned according to a station map, to include all custodial cleaning/maintenance tasks.
- Reports any damage to the building or equipment to proper authorities.
- Cleans teachers’ lounge floor and tables daily as needed.
- Restocks office machines and equipment with paper, film, etc. as needed.
- Cleans and arranges storage areas.
- Surveys the building, secures doors and windows according to plan, arms or disarms alarm system as appropriate.
- Maintains an open line of communication with the principal and staff, including the BPO, custodial supervisor, and/or crew chief.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is open to In-Bargaining Unit Employees only. Submit Employee Transfer Form #501 to ASD Operations Department. It is a condition of employment that the selected applicant become a member of Local 71.