School Business Partnerships
As important as the development of a "Needs
List" for the
school - is the development of a way to "Recognize" your business
Partner. Following are some ideas that can be incorporated into your school
culture. This will THANK your business partner and will bring a deeper
business commitment in the future.
- Recognize your partner in your school newsletter to parents.
- Recognize your partner in your student newspaper.
- Write a letter to your newspaper editor.
- Have a special Assembly recognizing your business partner/partners.
- Plan a special Business Partner Day.
- Put signs in the Hallway - Bulletin Board.
- Invite your partners to a staff meeting. introduce them.
- Show them where your staff room is / give them a coffee cup.
- Assign a class or group of students a month to write “thank you” notes.
- Invite them to your PTA meeting for introductions.
- Introduce them to your staff as the school's new education partner.
- Offer to assist your partner in a Service Learning project.
- Open your school to the business employees - room use, etc.
- Invite your partner to school for your back to school days.
- Find out when the birthday of the CEO - Manager - President - person
in charge is and send them a card, letter, on school stationary signed by staff
and students. If their birthday is in the summer, pick a day and declare it your
time for recognition.
- Have your student newspaper reporters do an article on the Partnership.
- Invite the press in to observe special programs, include TV coverage.
- Offer student art work to the business for their display.
- Create an Awards Assembly to honor your partner.
- Have a contest in your school to come up with unique ways that students
can participate in showing their appreciation of the Partnership.
- Keep a journal, make a yearbook of events surrounding the Partnership,
present to the business liaison - include pictures - either camera made - or
student created and share with your partner.
You may have other ideas about how to recognize your partner, please share so
that we can all do a better job of showing our appreciation!
|Tam Agosti-Gisler, Director
|Award winning organization
Anchorage School Business Partnerships was named a 2005-06 winner of the National School and Busines Partnerships Award.