The Anchorage School District Student Nutrition Department is hiring full and part time workers and on-call subs for work in the school cafeterias. Further questions can be directed to Susan Sery at 907-348-5185.
Full and part-time
Full and part time positions start at $10.72/hour
Experience is preferred, but we will train for the specific positions as needed. Applicants should apply at the Anchorage School District Building at 5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd.
Substitute positions pay $10.30/hour
No experience is necessary for cafeteria substitute positions. Hours are during lunch, 2-4 hours per day. Applications can be picked up at the Anchorage School District Building at 5530 E Northern Lights Blvd. Specify that you need a cafeteria sub application.×
For application materials and additional information, contact:
2510 Arctic Boulevard
Anchorage, AK 99503
Health treatment and substitute nurses
Caring for children. Protecting the health of students for success in life. Download nursing brochure .
Health treatment nurse
- Provide individualized skilled nursing procedures and medically related services as prescribed
- Assess health needs of students with disabilities and develops plans of care in collaboration with school nurse, parent, and physician
- Provide treatments including: tube feedings, tracheostomy care, catheterizations, respiratory assistance, ventilator management and medical support systems management.
- Provide care and management of medically fragile and technology dependent students
- Are members of ACE bargaining group (classified position)
Health treatment nurse requirements
- Current Alaska RN licensure
- ADN, BSN, Diploma
- Acute care experience
- Medical technology experience for students with disabilities
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, please submit an application. You can contact our Human Resources Department at 907-742-4115 or our Health Services Department at 907-742-4136 with questions.
- Daily assessment and treatment of students in absence of school nurse or health treatment nurse.
- Provide emergency student health care.
- Manage student health records.
- Delivery of medications to students with orders from medical care provider.
- Completion of “Summary of Services Provided” form to promote continuity of care in absence of regular school nurse or health treatment nurse and to facilitate communication.
- No bargaining group
Substitute nurse requirements
- Current Alaska RN licensure
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Complete ASD substitute nurse orientation to programs used for health records management
- Complete ASD substitute nurse orientation to school nursing and technology used for students with health concerns or treatments
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, we offer an online application. You can contact our Human Resources Department at 907-742-4115 or our Health Services Department at 907-742-4136 with questions.×
Noon duty attendants & crossing guards
Please join us in helping to provide for the well-being and safety of children in your own neighborhood. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and experience working with children in a job-related capacity or as a volunteer.
These positions are compensated at $10.00/hour, typically work only a few hours each day and are exposed to varying weather conditions. Interested applicants should visit the employment page for a list of current openings and application procedures or contact 907-742-4115 for additional information.×