BAND (Jazz, Symphonic, Concert), Music Technology, Taiko Drumming, Urban Renewal
|Homeroom: PA6 (Band Room)
|Phone: (907) 742-2179
WELCOME TO THE EAHS THUNDERBAND!
CONNECTIONS: a collaborative concert with East Bands and UAA Wind Ensemble on Monday, 11/9 was a great performance.
Students, thank you for your dedication, energy and efforts. Parents, friends and staff, thank you for your support!
I hope we can make this concert happen every fall.
The East High Jazz Combo had a gig on Friday 11/5 for Hope Community Resources.
This performance was student-led and I hear that it was successful and a good time.
May we continue to strive for excellence.
ASAP (11/12) All-AK Jazz Tapes Due! Come in and record!
12/3 (Friday) Community Band Tour - Jazz and Symphonic Bands
12/9 (Thursday) Winter Band Concert - Jazz, Concert, Symphonic and Taiko
SCALES! SCALES! SCALES! Due by end of Semester 1: Thursday, December 16th.
Symphonic Band: All 12 nine-note ascending and descending major scales
Concert Band: 2-Octave chromatic scale, asceding and descending
GREETINGS MUSICIANS, PARENTS, GUARDIANS and FRIENDS!
Your child's decision to be a part of this program provides (him/her with the opportunity to academically and personally
develop a medum for self-expression, creativity, community and passion!
Some of our goals for this year include:
1. To develop musical knowledge, instrumental technique and musicallity through performance and study of a variety of band literature.
2. To maintain a respected ensemble in which every student makes an important contribution to the band, school and community.
3. To provide an opportunity for you (students) to be a part of a positive, academic, creative, explorative and rewarding experience.
4. To maintain a unified and quality Fine Arts Program through collaborations between the diciplines including Tri-M Music Honor Society, Full Orchestra and Synergy.
5. To inspire and influence developing musicians within the Anchorage School District through middle and elementary school performances and collaborations.