ASD-Approved NCAA Courses
In order to compete in the NCAA you have to pass certain eligibility criteria. This is a completely separate process from college admissions with standards set by the NCAA.
*According to the NCAA, it is not necessary to submit “Online” titles if the regular title is already approved. For example, “Physical Science Online” is not on the ASD current list of approved courses, but it is an NCAA approved course, as “Physical Science” has already been approved.
APEX Courses, which have “OS” at the end of their ASD course title, are not NCAA approved.
Create an account at the NCAA's eligibilitycenter.org website:
- Click on NCAA College-Bound Student-Athletes
- Follow the directions carefully
- Order a copy of your transcript from ASD for a fee and send an official copy to the NCAA
- Request SAT/ACT scores be sent to the Eligibility Center (9999)
Resources at the Eligibility Center:
- Academic eligibility worksheets
- Contact information
- Recruiting information
- Information for parents
- Individual sport information
The NCAA sets standards for college-bound student-athletes interested in participating in any of the twenty-three sports at Division I and Division II colleges and universities.
For detailed information read the Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete found at the below link.
For additional resources visit the NCAA High School Portal.
Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete