New assignments announced
August 6, 2013
Contact: Heidi Embley
Phone: (907) 742-4158
Several new principal and administrator assignments for the 2013-14 school year were recently approved by the administration and Anchorage School Board.
The new principal assignments are:
- Chugiak High School – David Legg, formerly assistant principal at Dimond High School.
- East High School – Sam Spinella, formerly principal at Chugiak High School.
- Hanshew Middle School - Nancy Brain, formerly assistant principal at South High School.
- O'Malley Elementary School – Gale O'Connell-Smith, formerly principal at Taku Elementary School.
- Taku Elementary School – Kelly Ramey, formerly assistant principal at Fairview and Muldoon elementary schools.
- Williwaw Elementary School – Christine Garbe, formerly assistant principal at Williwaw and Tyson elementary schools.
The new administrator assignments are:
- Chief Academic Officer – Mike Graham, formerly principal at East High School.
- Chief Financial Officer – Mark Foster, formerly executive director of ASD's Office of Management and Budget.
Several additional principal assignments were announced earlier this spring. Those changes can be found through the district's homepage at www.asdk12.org by searching the district news archive or directly through the following links: