YWCA recognizes ASD supervisor
October 5, 2012
The following news release is shared on behalf of YWCA. Congratulations to Title VII Supervisor Doreen Brown on being named one of this year's Women of Achievement.
For Immediate Release
October 4, 2012
Media Contact: Eryn Kahler, Sr. Executive Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org 907.644.9600
YWCA/BP Woman of Achievement Awardees
23rd Annual YWCA Alaska / BP Women of Achievement Awardees
Anchorage, Alaska – October 4, 2012
The 2012 Women of Achievement awardees have been chosen. We are fortunate to have so many strong women leaders in our community. The Women of Achievement Awards Ceremony recognizes and honors women who have demonstrated qualities of leadership and excellence in their professional and personal endeavors as well as their contributions to the larger community.
"This event celebrates the achievements and community dedication of ten extraordinary women. In its 23rd year, it now represents an Academy of 230 women who have shaped and continue to shape Alaska," said YWCA Alaska CEO, Hilary Morgan.
- Ellen Arvold-Owner/President Second Run
- Edith Bailey-Retired Captain Public Health Service
- Lori Brewer- Owner Sappore Coffee Inc., Caffe D'arte
- Doreen Brown- Supervisor, Title VII Education, Anchorage School District
- Dr. Linda Chamberlain-Epidemiologist, Founding Dir. Alaska Violence Prevention, State of AK, Public Health
- Suzanne Cherot-Attorney, Birch, Horton, Bittner & Cherot
- Melinda Freemon-Dir. of Supportive Housing, Rural Alaska Community Action Program
- Lottie Michael-Associate Broker, real estate, Stephens & Johnson Inc.
- Peggy Monaghan-Musician, music teacher, Arctic Siren Productions
- Deborah Williams-Executive Director, Anchorage Youth Development Coalition
Join us in honoring these women at the 2012 Women of Achievement Awards/Purse Auction Thursday, November 29, 2012, from 6 pm to 8 pm, Performing Arts Center Discovery Theater (VIP reception @ 5:15pm). Purchase tickets through CenterTix starting November 1, 2012.
To inquire about sponsorship opportunities please contact Eryn Kahler at 644-9600 or email@example.com.
About the YWCA
The YWCA is the voice for every woman. For over a century, the YWCA has spoken out and taken action on behalf of women and girls. The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Over 2 million people participate each year in YWCA programs at more than 1,300 locations across the U.S. Worldwide, the YWCA serves more than 25 million women and girls in 125 countries.
Search past news
Search through past news releases by date, headline and keyword.