Maintenance and Operations
The mission of the Maintenance and Operations department is to protect the health and safety of facility users and insure and improve the functionality and longevity of capital infrastructure.
We want to be the best school Maintenance and Operations Department in Alaska.
- Development of a comprehensive Preventive Maintenance program.
- High levels of Customer Service.
- Create opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Conduct rigorous Quality Control.
- Maintain a safe and clean learning environment.
Motto: Promoting Education through Safe Schools
Safety is our primary objective when looking at operational upkeep of our facilities.
Operations provides, on a day-to-day basis, services for cleaning of schools and other District facilities;
- Support coverage and clean-up during and after facility use by various community organizations to include after-school related activities;
- Collection and disposal of garbage and trash from all facilities
- Pest control services
- Security services
- Energy conservation
The Anchorage School District recognizes the most effective way to assure proper stewardship of assets purchased with public funds is to ensure that preventive maintenance is consistently addressed and expanded.
- Building Automation
- Fire Alarm Systems
- General Maintenance
- Glass/Window Repair
- HVAC Systems
- Heavy Equipment
- Key and Lock
- Snow Removal