New 2012-13 principal and administrator assignments announced
April 11, 2012
Contact: Heidi Embley
Phone: (907) 742-4158
ASD principal and administrator changes for 2012-13
The new assignments are:
- Aquarian Charter School Lucas Saltzman, currently an assistant principal at Ptarmigan and Airport Heights elementary schools;
- Chugach Optional Elementary Sue Forbes, currently principal at Aquarian Charter School;
- Huffman Elementary Darrell Vincek, currently principal at Bowman Elementary;
- O'Malley Elementary Brandon Locke, currently principal at Rogers Park Elementary;
- Polaris K-12 Carol Bartholomew, currently the schools assistant principal, will be the Acting Principal while current Principal Denise Green-Wilkinson serves as president of the National Association of Secondary School Principals until July 2013; and
- Rabbit Creek Elementary Greg Balcao, currently principal at Northwood ABC Elementary.
The new administrator position is:
- Career and Technology Education director Kristen Forrester, currently a secondary counselor at Raton Public Schools in New Mexico. Forrester also served as the CTE director in the Mat-Su Borough School District from 1997-2006.
"I am pleased with the educators who have accepted these positions," said Superintendent Carol Comeau. "Many of these changes were set in motion from retirements, and while we are losing people with a great amount of institutional knowledge, I look forward to the new ideas these educators will bring to their schools and departments to assist in our effort to make all ASD students college and career ready."
Principal assignments at Aurora, Bowman, Lake Otis, Northwood ABC, Ocean View and Rogers Park elementary schools, and Whaley School will be announced at a later date.
Administrator positions, including Charter School supervisor; Budget director; Transportation director; Related Services director; Human Resources executive director; and Assessment & Evaluation director, will also be announced once the positions have been filled and approved by the school board.
Go to the District News Archive