The Capital Request Advisory Committee (CRAC) has now been dissolved, and the Capital Improvement Advisory Committee (CIAC) was developed in its place. Members are appointed to represent the overall interests of the district and the community instead of the stakeholder affiliation model used to select members of the CRAC. CIAC members remain geographically and professionally diverse. The committee is co-chaired by two members.
The stated purpose of the committee is to review and make recommendations to the administration related to the district's physical plant, including prioritization of capital bond requests and development of the capital improvement plan. The CIAC predominantly meets in the fall and the winter. The total time requirement of members is approximately 5 to 10 hours monthly. For general information, please contact the Facilities Department at 348-5268.
Members work together to make recommendations
November 2, 2012 - 2:30 p.m., Central Middle School library
December 7, 2012 - 2:30 p.m., Central Middle School
View a list of the current members (PDF) with brief biography for each. To contact the committee, please email Rachel Molina Lodoen.
Interested in participating?
The CIAC is an advisory committee to the Anchorage School District administration and school board comprised, in part, of volunteer citizens who are:
- interested in improving the district's programs and physical plant;
- willing to visit school sites in their representation area and sites throughout the district, as necessary;
- willing and able to review capital planning materials and attend meetings regularly;
- willing to participate in reasonable negotiation with other members of the committee regarding priority setting for projects across the district;
- committed to communicating with the community about facility needs and priorities of district;
- not employees of the Anchorage School District.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the committee, please contact the superintendent's office at 742-4312.