Welcome to Summer term 2015!
Watch the ASD iSchool promo video: CLICK HERE
Spring classes run from 06/08/2015 to 07/16/2015, and you will be expected to complete an entire semester’s work in that period of time. NO LOGIN EMAIL WILL BE SENT. LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS ARE LOCATED UNDER THE STUDENT TAB.
Take some time to review the ASD iSchool Orientation. In the Orientation you will find useful information on our policies and expectations as well navigation tips if your class is in Brain Honey. The Orientation will also provide the answers to the mandatory Orientation Quiz required in most of our classes, so be sure to take a look at all parts.
The estimated amount of time to complete an online class is 60-90 hours. The following recommendations will help ensure your success:
- login to your class daily at asdischool.brainhoney.com or www.apexvs.com (depends on which class you are taking).
- maintain an accurate email address in your profile.
- notify instructor of planned vacations or absences.
- communicate weekly with the instructor.
- follow the prescribed pacing guide as closely as possible.
- devote time daily to work on the class.
- avoid procrastination.
To check your grade visit Zangle StudentConnection
--Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any technical problems.
Mission – To provide high quality, technology based educational opportunities to supplement the learning options for Anchorage School District students.
Photo by Nic McPhee
The ASD iSchool Mission is based on the beliefs that:
* Learning should be dynamic, flexible, and engaging.
* Learning should be authentic and be a result of the student’s original work.
* Students should have choices in how they learn.
* Students, parents, community, and schools share responsibility for learning.
* Assessment should provide indicators of student progress, as well as guide future learning.