Anchorage School District Summer Academy
The ASD’s staff development team in cooperation with the University of Alaska Anchorage's Office of Professional and Continuing Education (UAA-PACE) coordinate this annual professional learning event on behalf of Alaska’s PK-12 educators. ASDSA is open for all educators to participate.
Offering 90+ professional development courses this year, and designed for teachers of all subjects & grade levels, ASDSA is the largest staff development event in the state of Alaska. These are 1-4 credit, 500 level UAA courses, useful for recertification and ASD salary advancement. They are all offered within our framework of 4 blocks of two days each.
View the ASDSA catalog through the My Learning Plan link in your employee portal. Just select Professional Growth, then Activity Catalogs, to find the ASDSA catalog, select your classes and register!
View the ASDSA course catalog HERE to select classes and register!
Three Reasons to Registering Sooner Rather than Later
- UAA has a drawing for a fee waiver up to $200 that can go towards your registration fee now or in the future. It will be drawn from all registrations received by 4/30.
- After seven days of the catalog being open, there are a number of courses that are half full and one course that has only two seats left to fill.
- As we move closer to the beginning of ASDSA, if there are classes that don't have enough participants registered, those classes will be deleted. So don't wait too long or the one your thinking about may go "good-bye".
UAA Housing is available!
- Enter conference name code ASDSA2019 on this reservation form.
- The ASDSA2019 code will provide a discounted group rate of $60pp/night plus 12% bed tax.
- You must use the code ASDSA2019 at the time of reservation to receive the discounted rate.
- Information about room floor plans and other amenities is available on the UAA Housing website.
The MISSION of ASDSA is to provide consolidated, collegial, and comprehensive professional learning opportunities designed to meet the needs of our educators, leaders, and paraprofessionals.