Current Risk-Level Status:
- Notice to ASD Families Regarding Sports and COVID-19
- ASD Sports & Activities Summer Contact Mitigation Plan
- COVID Sports Waiver and Release
- ASAA Return-to-Activities Protocols
Due to the escalating numbers of new COVID-19 cases in the Municipality of Anchorage, ASD is currently in a High-Risk situation for the beginning of the school year. As a result, ASD is postponing the start of the high school fall sports and activities to coincide with the start of the academic school year on August 20.
The District will determine whether sports and activities can begin after August 20 based on the community health situation and District risk level. All school or coach-organized practices and activities will be postponed until the community health situation allows.
The District will continue to develop detailed mitigation plans for each of our seven fall sports in the hope that we can begin a reduced season as early as August 20.
While we recognize the physical and mental benefits of participation in prep sports and activities, we have a public responsibility to weigh these benefits against the need to protect students and coaches from the increasing risk of exposure in our community.
We know that this postponement will be very disappointing for athletes who are eager to start their season. We encourage all of our students to follow best practices to help mitigate the spread of the virus.
We have retired the Google Form process to get faster responses to families with questions through the Help Center or through their neighborhood/choice school.