Step 1: Complete Applications and Set Passwords
After attending the Information Night presentation (or reviewing the PPT presentation), the next step is to fill out the Spring 2024 AMCS Application. The application takes about 15 minutes to complete.
For troubleshooting or assistance with applications, schedule an appointment with Kim Griffis.
UAA requires AMCS students to apply to the University of Alaska Anchorage as a non-degree seeking to generate a UAA ID which allows students to take placement tests and enroll in college courses.
Review this video (Instructions to complete the UAA Anchorage Middle College high school application) and then complete the UAA application.
Apply to UAA and select Alaska Middle College
Apply for the semester you plan to take your first class (i.e., spring 2023)
Generating a UAA ID number will take up to five to eight days and will be shared via email. While waiting for the UAA ID number and username, begin studying for the placement tests. If the UAA ID number has not been received after the eight-day processing period, please contact the UAA Middle College Office at email@example.com.
If you are having trouble and need help completing the applications, schedule an appointment with Kim Griffis.
Set UAA Password
Once you receive your UAA ID number and username, you must set up your account and password. If this process does not work or you encounter problems, contact the UAA IT Help Desk at 907-786-4646.
- Visit me.uaa.alaska.edu.
- Choose Option 3 to find your username and ID number.
- Enter your birth date, last name, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- Provide at least five pieces of information from the provided options. Then click "Confirm."
- Choose your desired level of account security and establish three security questions. Click "OK."
- Your username and ID number will be displayed on the left side of the page.
- Set your password on the right side of the page.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before logging into UAOnline.
Next Step: Complete Placement Tests