Step 2: Complete Placement Tests
Once both applications and the Student Parent/Guardian Agreement form are complete, and you have your UAA ID number, you can now complete the placement tests. You will need your UAA ID number, username, and password from Step 1.
UAA requires students to complete placement tests prior to enrolling in certain classes. AMCS applicants must complete the ALEKS math placement test and complete a Writing Sample or Accuplacer test for reading/writing placement.
AMCS applicants need to register for the ALEKS test and the Writing Sample, as they will be administered and proctored by an ASD or UAA staff member. There is no cost to take the placement tests. However, you can only complete these tests if you have your UAA ID number.
Only take your placement tests once you have reviewed your understanding of the concepts. Click here for information about each placement test.
Applicants should have selected an ALEKS math placement date in the AMCS application, which is proctored in-person at KTHS in the AMCS Den. Next, applicants should sign up for the Writing placement below. Writing Samples are proctored virtually by a Middle College Advisor through a Google document online.
- Friday, October 8, 2:30-5:00 PM
- Thursday, October 14, 2:30-5:00 PM -full, no seats available
- Tuesday, October 19, 2:30-5:00 PM
- Thursday, November 11, 10:00 AM-12:30 PM - full, no seats available
- Tuesday, November 16, 2:30-5:00 PM - full, no seats available
- Monday, November 29, 2:30-5:00 PM
- Monday, December 6, 2:30-5:00 PM
If these days and times do not work for you, you will need to complete the Accuplacer test.
Register and Take the Accuplacer Test
Make an appointment to take the test today. You are required to wear a face mask and present a government issue picture ID before entering the testing area.
Register for the Accuplacer @ https://www.registerblast.com/uaa/Exam/List.
- Select the Location: Alaska Middle College, Group: Placement Test, and then Exam: Placement Exam, in each section to sign up without cost.
- UAA Testing Center website.
Students qualify for the AMCS program with one of the following UAA placement test scores:
- Math - ALEKS ≥ 30 or
- Writing – Writing Sample or Accuplacer ≥ 530
Next Step: Application Review and Notice of Invitation