Individual School Safety and Mitigation Plans
Elementary School Students
January 19, 2021
- Pre-K–2, K–6 self-contained special needs programs, and the Whaley School will begin in-person school for 5.5 hours per day. (Pre-K days and hours vary by program)
- Grades 3–6 will continue with current online and Zoom classes; however, the District’s goal is to bring them back as soon as possible after Pre-K–2.
- The District will monitor COVID-19 transmission, mitigation strategies, and staffing levels to determine when grades 3–6 can safely return.
- ASD will notify families in advance of the return date for grades 3–6 so they can plan accordingly.
- Select elementary schools with unique programs may bring additional grades of students back along with Pre-K–2.
February 1, 2021
- Grades 3-6 for:
- Birchwood ABC
- Inlet View
- Nunaka Valley
- Willow Crest
February 8, 2021
- Grades 3-6 for remainder of Elemenatry Schools
Middle and High School Students
January 19, 2021
- Selected students who need extra support will begin in-person, small-group classes for 5.5 hours each day.
- All other students will continue with online and Zoom classes through the third quarter.
- Parents and students will be notified before the holiday break with details about their individual class schedules.
March 15, 2021
- At the beginning of the fourth quarter, middle and high school students will return to in-person school.
- Beginning at the start of the fourth quarter allows schools to effectively build school schedules to coincide with criteria for earning credit toward graduation.
Parents should contact their school with specific questions about returning to school. Additionally, parents should familiarize themselves with their school’s safety and mitigation plans that can be found above. These plans are unique to each school and provide a detailed description of the measures taken to provide a safe and productive learning environment for students and staff.
- The plan prioritizes elementary school students returning first because of their challenges with online remote instruction.
- The plan addresses equity concerns by identifying students who may need extra support in middle school and high school.
- The plan allows the District and community to build confidence in the mitigation protocols and provides time to make adjustments while phasing students back into schools.
- Prioritizing in-person school for small groups of students who need additional support will reduce some of the need for summer school and keep more students on track for graduation.
- ASD Virtual will remain an option for all grade levels.
- The District will continue making announcements around the 1st and 15th of each month.
Schedule for in-person classes:
Pre-School 12:00pm - 4:00 pm (Pre-K days and hours vary by program)
Elementary 9:30am - 3:00pm
Middle 8:45am - 2:15pm (Wednesday = Online Learning Day)
High 8:00am - 1:30pm (Wednesday = Online Learning Day)
Whaley 8:10am - 1:50pm (Wednesday = Online Learning Day)