• Academic records for students are available from the school registrar during enrollment and for two years following withdrawal. Records may then be obtained from the Records Management Department. Academic records are maintained and released in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). 

Online Requests

  • Records requests may be placed online for current and former Anchorage School District students.  Online requests may be submitted by:

    • the parent or guardian if the student is under the age of 18
    • the eligible student who is 18 or older 


    During the school year, online requests for current students or former students attending the District within the past two years go directly to the school for processing.  Records Management processes all online requests made by former students who have exited the District more than two years ago.  All requests made when the schools are closed in the summer are routed to the Records Management Department. 


    The following records may be requested online:

    • Immunizations
    • Transcript – Certified (signed and sealed)
    • Transcript – Personal Copy
    • Graduation Verification Letter – Certified Only 


    The Anchorage School District does not archive diplomas or GED's.  Students who received their GED in Alaska may contact the GED Testing Program with the State of Alaska to request copies.  

    Former students who need an educational record not listed above may contact us for assistance.

In-person requests

  • In-person requests may be submitted to Records Management at the ASD Education Center during our listed hours. Request forms are available at our counter inside the main entrance. Forms must be completed in full and a valid government-issued Photo ID is required.

Third Party Requests

  • Third party requests for transcripts must be accompanied by a written authorization from the owner of the record specifically identifying the requestor as his or her agent. This includes parents of students 18 and older who are no longer attending ASD schools. The third party must present a valid photo ID as well.


    Employers or other agencies requesting graduation or enrollment information for a former student may fax the following information to ASD Records Management at (907) 742-4644: 

    • Name, address and telephone and fax numbers of company or agency
    • Name of student while in attendance and student's full date of birth
    • Information to be verified
    • Signed and dated information release form from student

Mail Requests

  • Please include the following with your signed request: name(s) you used while attending ASD, your date of birth, the year of graduation or last year attended, the number of copies you are requesting, a daytime telephone number and where you would like the records sent.