All students are scored on the Applicant Evaluation Matrix, see the handbook for details.
- Standardized test score with a national percentile rank of 92nd percentile or higher
- Student cumulative unweighted GPA 3.2 or higher
- Student transcript showing advanced course work (Honors, AP & IB)
- Two teacher/counselor recommendations
- Interview with the mentorship coordinator
- Other experience or activities related to area of mentorship
High school juniors and seniors who meet the above criteria are encouraged to complete the online application.
The application window for the 2019-20 school year closed on September 6, 2019.
The application window for the 2020-21 school year will open on February 1, 2020.
There are two application windows for the 2020-2021 school year:
- February 1, 2020- April 24, 2020 at 3pm. Students who apply in the first application window will know if they are accepted before the school year ends.
- August 13, 2020- September 11, 2020 at 3pm.
A complete application must be received by 3pm on September 11, 2020 in order to be considered for the 2020-21 school year. Late or incomplete applications are not accepted and deadlines will not be extended.
Past mentorships include various medical fields, engineering, architecture, astronomy, education, environmental science, physics, finance, business, journalism, government, media production, public relations, veterinary medicine, web design, theater production, culinary arts and more.