All students are scored on the Applicant Evaluation Matrix, see the handbook for details.
- Standardized test score with a national percentile rank of 92nd percentile or higher
- Student cumulative unweighted GPA 3.2 or higher
- Student transcript showing advanced course work (Honors, AP & IB)
- Two teacher/counselor recommendations
- Interview with the mentorship coordinator
- Other experience or activities related to area of mentorship
High school juniors and seniors who meet the above criteria are encouraged to complete the online application.
There are two application windows for the 2019-20 school year:
- March 1, 2019- April 26, 2019 at 3pm. Students who apply in the first application window will know if they are accepted before the school year ends.
- August 15, 2019- September 6, 2019 at 3pm.
A complete application must be received by 3pm on September 6, 2019 in order to be considered for the 2019-20 school year. Late or incomplete applications are not accepted and deadlines will not be extended.
Past mentorships include various medical fields, engineering, architecture, astronomy, education, environmental science, physics, finance, business, journalism, government, media production, public relations, veterinary medicine, web design, theater production, culinary arts and more.