FOR ALL NEW-TO-DISTRICT, PRESCHOOL, KINDERGARTEN, 5TH, AND 9TH GRADE STUDENTS OR AS NEEDED FOR OTHER GRADES TO UPDATE NEW / EXISTING HEALTH CONCERNS
Parents are encouraged to call or visit their school nurse and talk about the special needs of their child. This is especially critical for students with special medical conditions or when there has been a significant change in a child's health.
Health History Form Other Languages:
- Health History Form Hmong
- Health History Form Korean
- Health History Form Samoan
- Health History Form Spanish
- Health History Form Tagalog
(See immunization section for more information and forms)
- Alaska state law requires all school children to be immunized in order to attend school. ASD follows the state’s strict requirement of “No Shots, No School” and requires proof of immunization at enrollment. By law, a student is not allowed to attend classes unless they are compliant with immunization requirements. The exceptions to this are a valid Alaska state medical or religious exemption (must be notarized) or a 30 day waiver for those who are in the Child in Transition or active duty military dependents who have just been relocated to Anchorage. (Military and Homeless waivers required by federal law)
Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment
Per State of Alaska Department of Health and Human Services, "While the process of repealing the regulation is in progress, there will be no requirement for school districts to assess the TB status of their students for the 2019-2020 school year. Note that school screening will still be included as part of community TB screening in response to investigations of active TB cases".
Effective June 30, 2016, provisions of AS 14.30.070 and the entirety of AS 14.30.120 requiring school districts to provide for or require each child to have a physical examination is repealed.
Physical examination is no longer required for school entry.
Physical Exam Form (ASD physical examination form)