Nurse Kim Boyd RN BSN NCSN
Wendler Middle School Nurse
Hello Wendler students, families and staff,
I am Kim Boyd, RN, your school nurse. I have been a pediatric nurse for almost 30 years, and I have been taking care of Wendler students’ health since 2011.
Do you ever wonder what the school nurse at Wendler Middle School does? Here are a few of the things that keep me busy:
- care for illness and injury, including emergencies
- administer medications, including emergency medications
- make sure students are fully immunized
- screen students for height, weight, vision, and hearing
- work to keep our school free of contagious illnesses
- care for students with chronic illnesses or complex medical problems
- develop emergency plans as needed
- Collaborate with administrators, teachers, staff and parents to ensure a healthy school environment
- Educate students about health related topics and healthy lifestyles
- Communicate with parents and serve as a liaison between school, family, health care professionals, and the community
I am one member of the Wendler team, working hard to keep students physically and mentally healthy, in the classroom, and ready to learn and grow.
If you have any health-related concerns or questions, feel free to contact me.
Kim Boyd RN BSN
Wendler School Nurse
Phone 907 742-7322
Fax 907 742-7450