Comprehensive Assessment System
English Language Proficiency Assessment moves online
ACCESS for English Language Learners is an assessment that measures speaking, listening, reading and writing.
It is used to:
- Monitor students’ progress in learning the English language
- Help students and families understand students’ current level of English language proficiency along a developmental continuum
- Determine whether students are prepared to exit English language support programs
- Assist in determining whether the student has attained the language proficiency needed to participate meaningfully in content area classrooms without program support
- Provide teachers with information they can use to enhance instruction and learning in programs for their English language learners
- Provides our district with information that will help us evaluate the effectiveness of our ELL programs
ACCESS 2.0 will continue to be administered in paper/pencil format for kindergarten and for Alternate ACCESS. The writing section of the test is also paper/pencil for grades 1-3.