The Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, Neglected and Delinquent grant is a competitive sub-award from the State of Alaska with federally awarded funds allocated according to the Title I-A formula. The grant funds are meant to support supplementary education services to help provide education continuity for neglected and delinquent children and youths in state-run institutions for juveniles and in adult correctional institutions so that these youths can make successful transitions to school or employment once they are released. This grant award is supplemented with funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Title I-D, Subpart 2 – Neglected and Delinquent ARRA supports youth through:
- Employability Skills Online tutoring program
- UAA distance education tuition
- Laptop computers for community day program
- Bus passes to allow students to travel from school to vocational high school program
- Two full-time summer school teachers at a vocational high school program
- Division of Juvenile Justice staff for student supervision during off-site training