Capital Planning & Construction
Capital Improvement Advisory Committee (CIAC)
Statement of Purpose
The CIAC provides strategic and informed advice to the Superintendent and the administration on all capital improvement and physical plant matters. The CIAC is a representative body of the Municipality of Anchorage, to include Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER); and all advice and recommendations to the Anchorage School District, by that consent, will represent the collective and holistic, best interests of the municipality (see the CIAC Charter for additional information).
Members are appointed by the Superintendent based on recommendations from the CIAC co-chairs and district administrators (current CIAC Membership).
• The CIAC will have at least 12 members but not more than 15.
• Members shall be Municipality of Anchorage residents.
• Membership shall reflect the community as a whole including representation from the private sector (engineers, designers, real estate, etc), the public sector (community councils, volunteer school organizations, government, etc.), the military and associated support services, and a representative from each of the Principals and Teacher associations.
• One member shall be recommended by the Anchorage Principal’s Association
• One member shall be recommended by the Anchorage Education Association
• Members shall serve a term of three years, which may be extended at the discretion of the Superintendent.
Interested in participating?
Members are expected to attend and participate in at least 50 percent of the scheduled CIAC meetings, and be present at work sessions and meetings of the ASD School Board as needed. Members are committed to improving the district’s physical plant, willing to visit facilities across the district and eager to communicate facility needs and priorities to the community. They cannot be employees of the Anchorage School District.
If you are interested in learning more about membership expectations, please contact the CIAC Co-Chairs at CIAC@asdk12.org.