School Resource Officers (SRO)
About the program
The School Resource Officer Unit reflects a nationally accepted program that places law enforcement officers within local schools. The unit was designed to develop partnerships between law enforcement and the school community.
The aim is to provide a positive law enforcement influence that concentrates on safety and security; encourages relationships between officers, school administrators, teachers and students; and fosters education.
- To be a visible, active law enforcement figure on campus who is an immediate first responder, dealing with any law-related issues.
- To be a classroom resource for instruction in the following areas: lawrelated education, violence diffusion, safety programs, alcohol and drug prevention, crime prevention, and other areas.
- To be a member of the faculty and administrative team working hand in hand to solve problems in the school community.
- To be a resource for the students enabling them to be associated with a positive law enforcement figure in the student’s environment.
- To be a resource to teachers, parents and students for law-related concerns and questions.
The Anchorage Police Department views the School Resource Officer Unit as an opportunity to continue the strong partnership with the Anchorage School District and to provide a safe working and learning environment for teachers, support staff, administrators and students. School Resource Officers will attempt to reduce juvenile crime through law enforcement, education and prevention programs. School Resource Officers will work with students to build trust and break down barriers.
Officer Ben Nielsen
Officer John Butler
Alaska Native Cultural Charter, Aurora, Benny Benson, Chester Valley, Creekside Park, Highland Tech Charter, Mt. Iliamna, Mt. Spurr, Muldoon, Orion, Scenic Park, Susitna
Officer Rob Lund
Birchwood ABC, Chugiak, Eagle River, Fire Lake
Officer Brad Clark
Officer Jill Martin742-6695
Abbott Loop, Family Partnership Charter, Frontier Charter, Kasuun, Northern Lights ABC, Polaris K-12, Rilke Schule Charter, SAVE, Spring Hill, Taku, Trailside
Officer Cyndi Addington
Officer Mark Wells742-7051
Bayshore, Campbell, Chinook, Gladys Wood, Kincaid, Northwood ABC, Sand Lake, Willow Crest
Eagle River H.S.
Officer John Goetz
Alpenglow, Eagle Academy Charter, Homestead, Ravenwood, Ursa Major, Ursa Minor
Officer Eric Pratt
Officer Doug Fifer
Bear Valley, Bowman, Girdwood, Huffman,
Klatt, Ocean View, O'Malley, Rabbit Creek
Officer John Carroll
Officer Brian Burton
ACE, Airport Heights, Baxter, College Gate, King Tech, Lake Otis, Rogers Park, Russian Jack, Tudor, Whaley (4-12), Williwaw, Winterberry Charter
Officer Matt Jensen
Mountain View, Nunaka Valley,
Wonder Park, Crossroads
Officer Gary Winborg
Officer Ben Yoon742-2608
Aquarian Charter, AVAIL, Chugach Optional, Denali, Fairview, Government Hill, Inlet View, Lake Hood, North Star, Steller, Step Up, Turnagain