Spring 2024 AMCS Application opens on September 1.
Standard schedule (qualify up to four UAA courses): December 15
Limited schedule (qualify up to two UAA courses): AUGUST 22
- CNA Packets: until seats are filled (20 spring)
Please email your questions to Kim Griffis at email@example.com.
AMCS uses an application process to confirm academic and social readiness for the program. Students must complete a multi-step application that requires students to complete and submit an AMCS program application, to apply to the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) as an Anchorage Middle College non-degree seeking high school student, and to complete two placement tests. This process can take a week or more; do not procrastinate.
Before starting this process, please confirm you meet the following criteria:
- You are a Junior (11th) or Senior (12th) in the semester you are applying for admission.
- You have a high school GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- You are on track to graduate on time.
- You have no serious behavior reports and good attendance.
- It is required to have completed the following courses:
- English I
- English II
- Algebra I
- Courses that are beneficial if completed
- Algebra II
- Physical Education
- Life Science
- Physical Science
- World History
- Alaska Studies
If you meet the initial requirements, register for AMCS Information Night, see below.
Attend Information Night
Information Nights are an opportunity for students and parents/guardians to learn about the AMCS program, the admission requirements, student expectations, course scheduling, and student support services. All presentations are via Zoom and begin sharply at 6 pm. The following Information Night events are as follows:
Fall 2024 Application
Please review the AMCS PPT PRESENTATION information before the webinar or if you cannot attend Information Night.
Begin the application process now, and move on to Step 1.