Greetings from your Librarian / Media Specialist / Teacher, Stacey Schubert. Just a little background information on myself:
I am married to Sean Schubert, a teacher at King Tech and also an author!! We have twins who go to school at South High School. Originally I am from Indiana, getting my teaching degree from Purdue University. We moved to Alaska in 1993. I taught at Chinook Elementary from 1997 - 2017, grades 2-5. I joined Fairview as the librarian in the 2017-2018 school year. Please let me know if I can help in any of your library needs.
Click on link for my Library page.
Mrs.Schubert's Library Page
Library Skills Taught:
*Book selection, enjoyment & care
*Authors & illustrators
*Fiction vs. Nonfiction
*Areas of the library
*Developing research processes
*Using a variety of materials to conduct research
*How to use the ASD online Library catalog
*Dewey Decimal System
Reading activities offered at Fairview:
*Battle of the Books for 3rd - 6th graders runs Oct. - Feb.
What to do if books are lost:
- Buy the exact same book to replace the lost one
- Buy a similar book to replace the lost one
- Look all around and find the original book…look under beds & couches. Look in rooms, backpacks, classrooms, etc.
Replacement books should be turned into the librarian.
Hardcover books are usually about $20
Paperback books are usually $7 - $10
A School Librarian Makes a Difference by:
*Providing access to accurate & current information
**Collaborating with classroom teachers
**Teaching students how to locate, evaluate and use information
**Encouraging and expanding recreational reading horizons
**Selecting and purchasing resources that support and enrich the ASD curriculum
How can you help?
If you have time:
**come in and help organize materials
**help shelve books
**assist in processing new items
**repair damaged books
No time? We’re always accepting donations to help out our library collection!
How to access the ASD library catalog:
- Go to the ASD website: asdk12.org
- Under the heading Students, click on the heading ASD Library Catalog
- From there, students can: ** look up a book at a school **put a hold on it (if they know their ID #) **use the Online Databases (EBSCO & World Book Online) to assist them in their work **access the Anchorage Public Library