Welcome to Polaris
Polaris K-12 School is an optional school within Anchorage School District. Interested students must go through the ASD Lottery System. When a seat is offered to a student, grades 4 through 12, families will also fill out an enrollment packet and attend an enrollment meeting prior to attending Polaris.
It would be helpful to attend one of our tours, offered at 9:30am every Tuesday in February.
Polaris K-12 School has an evolving program that creates an environment challenging students, teachers and parents to personal excellence, lifelong learning, and ethical responsibility to self, community, and world.
- Polaris K-12 School is a community in which teachers, students, and parents work together.
- Polaris is a community that includes students, staff and parents.
- Learning for life happens when students are engaged and participate in authentic and meaningful experiences.
- Learning takes place in a variety of settings in addition to the classroom.
- Students have the freedom and the responsibility to create their own unique educational options.
- Students who are intrinsically motivated to learn lead more fulfilling lives.
- Students become independent, life-long learners by taking an active role in educational decisions and in the governance of their school.
- Everyone is a teacher.
- Community members encourage and model excellence.
- Community members foster relationships, which respect and honor self, community, and world.
- Positive, caring relationships between community members support the learning process.
- Community input regarding Polaris policies is valued and expected.
- Teachers guide students’ academic choices by providing developmentally appropriate activities.
- Varied teaching methods accommodate diverse learning style.