Alternating Block Schedule
Polaris offers an Alternating Block Schedule. The schedule maximizes the use of resources and provides variety, choice, and flexibility for students. Course blocks span 90 minutes. Students attend their 1/3/5 classes one day and attend their 2/4/6 classes the next day. Classes meet on an alternating basis, every other day. All secondary students attend Advisory daily from 1:35 to 2:05 PM. High school students are dismissed at 2:05 each day. Middle school students participate in structured study skills, social emotional learning, career and college exploratory, enrichment classes and/or study hall from 2:10 - 3:00 each day.
Benefits of a Rotating Block Schedule:
- Variety and choice for the whole school year
- Maximized time given during the school day with extended blocks
- Courses can be taught for either a semester or full year
- Students are able to focus on four courses per day
- Flexibility to explore opportunities for enrichment and student initiated projects