Please complete the attached form and email it to Andresen_Shelly@asdk12.org."
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION REQUEST
** (Please note: 2 weeks minimum is required for completion of request) **
STUDENT NAME: _____________________________________ BEST CONTACT PHONE: _____________
EMAIL: _____________________________________________ DATE REC’D: ______________________
This letter is for:
- college application
- scholarship application
- scholarship portfolio
Intended college major(s): _____________________________________________________________________
Possible long-range career plans: ________________________________________________________________
Are you a part of any special programs (ie IB, Immersion, STTA): _______________________________________
List your honors, AP, and IB courses: _______________________________________________________________
List your AP exams and scores: __________________________________________________________________
ACADEMIC AWARDS AND HONORS: YEARS(S)
EXTRACURRICULAR (clubs, sports, community; include a description of involvement): YEAR(S)
COMMUNITY SERVICE (in and out of school, include hours of service): YEARS(S)
WORK EXPERIENCE: YEARS(S)
PERSONAL QUESTIONS: these questions are not required, but they can help a recommender provide a better “picture” of you as a person to the colleges and universities you are applying to.
- Describe your academic strengths:
- What qualities or strengths most define you as a person?
- Do you have areas of weakness? Why? How do you address this in your life?
- Give examples to describe your:
- capacity for intellectual growth, academic potential, curiosity
- initiative, self-motivation, responsibility
- originality and creativity
- special talents
- What additional information should I know? If you have experienced a particular hardship that impacted your development, education or life in general you can include it here.
PARENTS! BRAG ABOUT YOUR CHILD TO ME PLEASE . . .
Parents and Guardians: You have unique knowledge and insights about your student which may be helpful to me when writing letters of recommendation. Please provide any information you deem relevant. This is an optional form, so please don’t feel compelled to answer every question or even to complete it if you’d rather not. While colleges and employers do not consider recommendations from parents during the application process, I welcome your input that could improve my letter about your student.
- Colleges and employers frequently ask for several words that best describe an applicant. What words would you choose to describe your student?
- In what area(s) has your student shown the most development or growth in the last four years?
- In your opinion, what is the one characteristic that defines your student?
- What are one or two things you can say about your student that s/he won’t tell me?
- Are there any challenges that might have affected your student’s educational experience?