Mears Landing Pad
Use your district credentials, sometimes referred to as your active directory credentials to log in.
password: student ID
Need a little help? Go on a Canvas Walk Through. Watch the screencasts from Mrs. Fleming and the videos from Canvas to get you started.
To get to APEX:
Login to Canvas first. Inside Canvas you should be on your Dashboard. There will be a separate card for each of your classes. Click on your Language Arts or Math class. Now look for the APEX Learning icon, it is a blue square. Click on the icon, then click on Log in with Active Directory, and sign in with your regular school username and password.
Tips for Log in:
- Make sure you only type lastname.firstname in the user field. The app will automatically add an @asdk12 to the end. If you type the @asdk12, the login process will still add it, that ending will be there twice and you will get an error message.
- A student's password is their ASD student ID number and it can be found in Q. It is listed in the local ID field. A student's ID number is seven digits long.
- Make sure there are no spaces in the login fields before or after the typed information.
- If it still doesn't work, restart the device. Then try again.
- **Take a deep breath, we will figure this out!**
Techology Help Resources
APEX Parent Coach - Being a coach in APEX will give parents access to their child's progress through the lessons and more.
Canvas Parent Observer - Like being a coach in APEX, this allows parents to see due dates, assignments, and grades.
Canvas Walk Through - how to access, how to find APEX, how to progress through a module
How to set up Zoom - an YouTube video for parents to help download and setup the Zoom app.
Zoom Directions for Students - from TechieTeacher, how to set up and use Zoom on different kinds of devices.
Update Contact Information in Parent Connect - a step by step guide for parents
ASD Help Center - create a digital ticket to have an IT specialist get back to you.
Email ASD for tech help at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call ASD for tech help at: 907-742-HELP (4357)
Click on the tabs for links to resources.