Classified Applicant FAQs
Answers to frequently asked questions
- Will the Anchorage School District accept paper applications?
- The Anchorage School District will accept only online applications for the vast majority of positions in the district. The exceptions which requires paper application are custodial positions.
- I have reference letters but they are not computer files. How do I submit them with my online application?
- Reference letters or other documents need to be scanned and uploaded to your application. If you do not have access to the equipment necessary for scanning, you may visit an Alaska Job Center or a commercial business that offers computers for customer use. Please see the next question for information on the format of your documents.
- I receive an error when trying to upload my resume and cover letter into my online application. What should I do?
- Check that your documents are the correct type. The file that you are trying to upload must be saved in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .pdf, .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, or .tif in order to be uploaded into your online application.
- How do I apply online for a specific position?
- After completing your application, you will come to a section labeled "Vacancy Desired." Click the boxes of the positions for which you wish to apply. Clicking a "JobID" link will provide more information on the position.
- How do I know if the Anchorage School District has received my online application?
- Once you have completed the steps to create an application and applied for a position vacancy, you will receive an automatic email confirming your application.
- Once I have completed my online application and chosen my position vacancies, what happens next?
- When the position vacancy closes, Human Resources will review the applications and forward the information to the hiring supervisor for the position. If selected for an interview, the hiring department will call you to set up the interview date and time. If selected for the position, the Human Resources Department will contact you to offer the position.
- When does a job posting close?
- If a closing date appears on the posting, the posting will close at midnight Alaska Time on the day listed.
- I received an email stating my online application is incomplete and additional information is needed. What do I need to do?
- The Anchorage School District can not consider incomplete applications. Log on to your online application and review the section of the application in question. After careful review of your application, click the button "Finish and Submit." Follow the directions to finalize your online application.
- How can I make changes or additions to my application?
- While filling out your application, you will provide an email address and password. If you wish to save the application and return to it later, click save as draft at the bottom of the application page. To come back to the application, click the link "start online application again," and click "edit" in the new window.
- I saved my application for later. What does it mean that I have 45 days "from my first submission" before my incomplete application is purged?
- If your application is not complete and a posted position has not been selected, your application will be automatically deleted from the system after 45 days. Job postings have application deadlines, therefore the application must be complete in order to be considered for a position.
- Will the Anchorage School District contact me if I'm not chosen for the job?
- The Human Resource Department will send an email notification to all non-selected applicants who have provided an email address when a position has been filled by another candidate.
- If I see another position I would like to apply for, do I need to complete another application?
- No, you do not need to complete another application. Simply log on to the system again using your email address and password and choose the position from the "Vacancies Desired" section. Be sure to save and submit your application again after making your choices.