Certificated Employee FAQs
Answers to frequently asked certificated questions
- I need to renew my certification, where should I start?
- Visit the state's teacher certification website.
- I need an employee verification to renew my certificate, how do I get one?
- Log into District Connection and click the link Salary Placement Statement under the Other Resources section. Be sure and click the link for the printer friendly version.
- How do I apply for a salary increase?
- To be eligible for salary advancement through education, courses and CEUs must be pre-approved by the Professional Learning Department. If courses and CEUs are not listed in My Learning Plan, then they can be pre-approved by filling out the My Credit Course or My CEU form, found in the area Certificated MY Forms in MLP. Please note that ASD-issued AdvA CEUs must have Teacher Institute in the course title to count for credit. Once the courses are approved and completed, fill out form HR#509 Certificated Personnel Salary Advancement Request and submit it together with a printed copy of your MLP portfolio and your official transcripts demonstrating the appropriate number of credits. The Salary Advancement Form can be found in the Forms Library. Submit all documentation to the Human Resources front counter.
- I’ve been working for 10 years but you only have me at Step 7. Why is that?
- Step placement is generally equal to years of service (one step is granted for one year of service). However, in the past the Anchorage School District has had years when step movement was frozen. The salary increased from year to year, but the step did not increase.
- I have a master’s degree but you have me at B54 (B72, B90) on the pay scale.
- The salary ranges B54 / B72 / B90 include your master’s degree. Please refer to Section 105 and Section 115 of the AEA/ASD agreement.
- How do I find my employee PIN needed to login to the Absence Management (Aesop) system to report an absence?
- To find your employee PIN, log into District Connection. In the right column under Other Resources, click the link Employee ID Information. A new screen will open showing your employee PIN.
- How do I change my address or phone number?
- Fill out and sign the Address or Name Change Request form, HR #511 found in the Forms Library. To submit the form, you may send it through district or US mail, fax it to 742-4176, or hand deliver it to the Human Resources front counter.
- How do I change my name?
- Please come to the Benefits office and bring both the Address or Name Change Request form HR #511 and your social security card showing the new name. At your visit, our Benefits team will also update your insurance and retirement information. After the documents are received, Human Resources will update your name in your employee record and pass the request on to the IT Service Desk, who will update your computer accesses. The IT Service Desk will email you an access questionnaire to help them in the process; please watch for it and reply to it promptly for best service. It may take up to two weeks after your questionnaire is received by the IT Service Desk for the name change to occur. You will have access under your former name up until the point that your name is changed. If within two weeks receipt of your name change form and social security card by HR you have not received the IT Service Desk access questionnaire or otherwise heard from IT, please call the IT Service Desk at 742-4615, option 1.
EEO FAQs | FMLA FAQs | ADA FAQs | Classified Employee FAQs | Benefits FAQs