New principal assignments for upcoming school year
May 21, 2015
Contact: Heidi Embley
Phone: (907) 742-4158
Several new principal assignments for the 2015-16 school year were recently approved by the administration and Anchorage School Board.
- Alpenglow Elementary School – Denise Demetree, formerly principal of Rogers Park Elementary School.
- Bartlett High School – Sean Prince, formerly assistant principal at the school.
- Baxter Elementary School – Dawn Campbell, formerly assistant principal at Mountain View, Muldoon, Wonder Park and Tudor elementary schools.
- Birchwood ABC Elementary School - Lynn Mayberry-Burke, formerly assistant principal at Gladys Wood, Willow Crest and Mountain View elementary schools.
- Chugiak Elementary School – Sarah Alvarez, formerly assistant principal at Williwaw, Russian Jack and Tyson elementary schools.
- Eagle River Elementary School – Lisa Losordo-Santo, formerly assistant principal at Bowman, Chinook and Rogers Park elementary schools.
- Fairview Elementary School – Diane Orr, formerly assistant principal at the school.
- Huffman Elementary School – Chris Opitz, formerly assistant principal at Sand Lake Elementary School.
- Mt. Spurr Elementary School – Bill Schildbach, formerly principal at Tudor Elementary School.
- Nunaka Valley Elementary School – Tim Blake, formerly principal at Birchwood ABC Elementary School.
- O’Malley Elementary School – Kelly Eagleton, formerly assistant principal at Chugiak, Susitna and Muldoon elementary schools.
- Rogers Park Elementary School – Dan Barker, formerly principal at Fairview Elementary School.
- Trailside Elementary School – Mary Ellison, formerly assistant principal at Taku and Wonder Park elementary schools.
- Tudor Elementary School – Nicole Sommerville, formerly principal at Eagle River Elementary School.
Principal appointments for Alaska Native Cultural Charter School, Goldenview Middle School and PAIDEIA Charter School will be announced at a later date.