Individual School Safety and Mitigation Plans
Elementary School Students
January 19, 2021
- Pre-K–2, K–6 self-contained special needs programs, and the Whaley School will begin in-person school for 5.5 hours per day. (Pre-K days and hours vary by program)
- Grades 3–6 will continue with current online and Zoom classes; however, the District’s goal is to bring them back as soon as possible after Pre-K–2.
- The District will monitor COVID-19 transmission, mitigation strategies, and staffing levels to determine when grades 3–6 can safely return.
- ASD will notify families in advance of the return date for grades 3–6 so they can plan accordingly.
- Select elementary schools with unique programs may bring additional grades of students back along with Pre-K–2.
Middle and High School Students
January 19, 2021
- Selected students who need extra support will begin in-person, small-group classes for 5.5 hours each day.
- All other students will continue with online and Zoom classes through the third quarter.
- Parents and students will be notified before the holiday break with details about their individual class schedules.
March 15, 2021
- At the beginning of the fourth quarter, middle and high school students will return to in-person school.
- Beginning at the start of the fourth quarter allows schools to effectively build school schedules to coincide with criteria for earning credit toward graduation.
- The plan prioritizes elementary school students returning first because of their challenges with online remote instruction.
- The plan addresses equity concerns by identifying students who may need extra support in middle school and high school.
- The plan allows the District and community to build confidence in the mitigation protocols and provides time to make adjustments while phasing students back into schools.
- Prioritizing in-person school for small groups of students who need additional support will reduce some of the need for summer school and keep more students on track for graduation.
- ASD Virtual will remain an option for all grade levels.
- The District will continue making announcements around the 1st and 15th of each month.
Schedule for in-person classes:
Pre-School 12:00pm - 4:00 pm (Pre-K days and hours vary by program)
Elementary 9:30am - 3:00pm
Middle 8:45am - 2:15pm (Wednesday = Online Learning Day)
High 8:00am - 1:30pm (Wednesday = Online Learning Day)
Whaley 8:10am - 1:50pm (Wednesday = Online Learning Day)