School Business Partnerships
About School Business Partnerships
Anchorage School Business Partnerships started in 1991 and has since grown to having more than 540 partnerships with an economic value of over $2.5 million. They range from a one person business to large organizations such as BP and FedEx. The organization is supported by both the Anchorage School District and the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce.
Anchorage SBP operates as a non-profit corporation with a Board of Directors that provides guidance and direction for the program as a whole. Partnerships range from a one-person business involved with a school to large corporations involved with many schools and sometimes districtwide. Each partnership starts with an agreement in which both the business and the school outline what the expectations are for each party.
- Started in 1991 as a department of the Anchorage School District
- Supported by the Anchorage School District and the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- Educational involvement. For profit, not-for profit, local, state and federal agencies, organizations, faith-based groups are involved
- Partnerships are made official with a simple on-line agreement
- Agreements are non-binding, should be reviewed annually and renewed biannually
- New partnerships formed each month
- School Business Partnership classes follow an entrepreneurial model, a service learning model, a media literacy model or a combination of all
- More than 49,000 students impacted
Develop quality partnerships for the benefit of all Anchorage School District students and staff; foster positive working relationships with businesses; assist in employability and work force development; build bridges of understanding between educational institution and the community leading to better citizens and employees.
We are happy to have over 350 active partnerships in the 2017-2018 school year.