Anchorage School Board
Anchorage School Board Vision
Mission - To educate all students for success in life
Vision - All students will graduate prepared for post-secondary educational and employment opportunities
The Anchorage School Board is a municipal-wide elected body with governance responsibility for the Anchorage School District. As a governance board, it is our responsibility to do the following:
- set a clear direction for the district;
- empower and hold accountable the superintendent for implementing our direction and managing district operations;
- develop and adopt policies and budgets that support and implement the board’s direction; and
- model the professionalism and degree of effort they expect from students, families and staff.
The board expects a high-performing district that achieves exceptional results. We believe a process of continuous improvement and reform for results can be consistent over time, transcending board membership and superintendents.
Based on our core beliefs and values, the board is committed to the following:
- A collaborative and respectful governance relationship with the superintendent;
- A rigorous core curriculum of language arts, mathematics, science and social studies;
- A well-rounded educational program that integrates career and technical education, arts and athletics;
- Instruction and early interventions that meet the needs of each student and moves them forward at least one year’s academic growth annually;
- Effective public school choice options;
- Parents and the community as informed partners; and
- Cost-effective and efficient operations.
ASD Education Center
5530 E Northern Lights Blvd.
Anchorage, AK 99504-3135
Board members do not restrict their duties to meeting hours. Each member welcomes the opportunity to listen to your ideas, concerns and hopes for the district.