- Alpenglow Elementary
- Alpenglow Elementary School Homepage
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Good evening Snow Leopards,
We have some important information to share regarding our arrival and dismissal procedures. Please refer to the attached map when reading the following points:
- If you have a kindergartner, 1st, or 2nd grader, you will use the front entrance for pick up and drop off.
- If you have a 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th grader, you will use the back entrance (near the playground) for pick up and drop off.
- If you have multiple students, use the front entry if one of them is a kindergartner, 1st, or 2nd grader for pick up and drop off. The older students will walk around the building by the hockey rink to their entry doors in the morning and back to the front of the school in the afternoon (following the red line on the map).
- Students do not line up outside in the morning. They will enter their grade level doors and walk straight to their classroom beginning at 8:45am. Please do not drop students off before that time.
- Masks need to be worn inside the building by everyone. Please make sure your student has their mask ready to put on.
- If your student is late to school, they must go to the current front door (by the kindergarten doors). An office staff member will let them in, write down their name, and send them to class.
- Please use the crosswalks and yield to the crossing guards. Do not walk across the front or back circle. Set a good example for our students.
- Pull all the way forward before stopping to drop off or pick up your student. Your student can walk to your vehicle once your vehicle is stopped.
- Do not exit your vehicle in the drop off or pick up line. If your student needs help, park in a parking spot in the parking lot and help them out of the vehicle and across the crosswalk.
- The parking lot is one way around in a circle. Follow the traffic signs. Also, do not park or stop your vehicle anywhere in the parking lot except a designated parking spot.
- The speed limit in our driveways and parking lot is 5 miles per hour. Please slow down and keep our students safe.
- Using a cell phone in a school zone is against the law and can result in a ticket with up to a $500 fine.
- The playground is closed from 8:00am until 4:00pm. Students should walk home before returning to play.
As we continue to work to keep everyone safe, please continue to regularly check your email for updates and reminders from us. As usual, call the school with questions or concerns - 742-3300. Thank you.