- Bayshore Elementary
- Bayshore Elementary School Homepage
December 16, 2020
Greetings Bayshore Families,
As we end the first semester, I want to follow up the message that Superintendent Bishop shared with families yesterday regarding ASD's Back-in-School plan for second semester. Here are the details on that how pertains specifically to Bayshore students.
January 4th-8th, 2021
- K-6 students will resume eLearning with the same daily Zoom schedule and small group opportunities that were available first semester.
- Your child’s kindergarten, first, and/or second grade teacher will reach out to you personally to answer questions you might have about your child starting in person at Bayshore on the 19th.
- Your child’s kindergarten, first, and/or second grade teacher will give you the opportunity to schedule an optional appointment for you and your child to come to Bayshore on January 14th or 15th to visit the classroom, ‘meet’ the teacher and get information you will need for in person learning to begin the following Tuesday.
January 11th-15th, 2021
- K-2 students will continue eLearning Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week.
- Thursday and Friday will be asynchronous for K-2 ONLY to accommodate the optional classroom visits.
- 3-6 students will continue the eLearning Zoom schedule the entire week.
January 18th, 2021
Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Observed---no school
January 19th- 22nd, 2021
- K-2 students will begin in person learning 5.5. hours daily. 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM
- 3-6 students will continue eLearning Zoom schedule the entire week.
January 25th, 2020
Some of our 3-6 students will have the opportunity to begin in person learning in small groups based on:
- muni building capacity mandates,
- criteria established at each ASD elementary school for student need, and
- 3-6 teachers volunteering to facilitate small groups of students in person. More information regarding these small group opportunities for 3-6 students will be coming in January.
When Bayshore staff returns to work in the building in January, we will be reviewing our safety plan and practicing all the protocols, procedures, and routines we have put in place for students to return to in person learning. I understand that the decision on how and where your child will be receiving education next semester is not an easy one. Many varied factors play into this decision for each individual family in the community.
I personally and professionally believe that in person learning is an effective mitigation strategy and that we can and will provide a safe and healthy learning environment for our staff and students at Bayshore Elementary. Please reach out to your child’s teacher if you want to talk through your thoughts and concerns. For those not ready for in person learning, ASD provides the virtual learning opportunity for families (ASD Virtual). There are other ASD options available on the ASD website to explore.
Please enjoy a cozy holiday break with your family. We need the continued help and support of the Anchorage community to get our students back in school and back in school to stay. I look forward to the date in the near future when we will have our community students once again back within the walls of our school learning together.