Greetings KTHS and AMCS Students and Families,
With the extended school day on the horizon (January 30), we need to be prepared for the possibility of future school closures related to weather conditions.
The following information below is the plan for remote learning days:
Remote Learning Days for King Tech and AMCS Students
- Remote learning will take place for any future school closures.
- Students should bring their Chromebook and charger home every day.
- Teachers will utilize canvas to post assignments by 8:00 AM.
- Zoom sessions/office hours are scheduled from each teacher and counselor from 9-10 AM and 1:00 -2:00 PM to assist students with questions and needed check-ins. Students are not required to attend office hours.
- The zoom link for office hours will be posted on the teacher’s canvas page.
AMCS Important to Note:
- If ASD is closed, UAA might be open, students will need to check UAA’s messaging systems for details related to UAA campus closures. In this case, If ASD is closed and UAA is open, then students will need to find a way to their UAA classes on campus.
- Correction: If UAA is closed and ASD is open, students who are taking high school classes will need to report to the AMCS Den at King Tech.
- If ASD and UAA are closed, students who are taking high school classes will engage in remote learning as described above.
If you have any questions, please reach out to me or my Assistant Principal, Denise Edwards.
Dr. Kern McGinley
King Tech High School &
The Alaska Middle College School