- Kasuun Elementary
- Kasuun Elementary School Homepage
Kasuun Knight Note from Mrs. LoSordo-Santo
Dear Kasuun Knights Families,
We are so grateful for all of the support we have received from our families over these last several weeks. Distance learning is a new experience for all of us and our community of Knights is faring quite well under these unique circumstances. We are proud of you!
As many of you know, our teachers have been visiting Kasuun this week to bag up student’s belongings that were in each classroom. They will do their best to identify students’ items and will empty the contents of the students’ desks or cubbies into large plastic bags. They may hold a ZOOM session or email photos to show unlabeled items to help you identify items. The bags will be labeled with the student’s name to help ensure the correct bag is given to the correct family.
Below you’ll find a plan that will give everyone an opportunity to safely pick up the bags.
On Tuesday, May 5th and Thursday, May 7th, families will be able to come to Kasuun and have a curbside pickup of their child’s/children’s belongings based on the below schedule:
Tuesday, May 5th 9:00 am - 3:00 pm: Last names A - L
Thursday, May 7th 9:00 am - 3:00 pm: Last names M - Z
PICK-UP/DROP OFF Procedures:
- Upon arrival, please follow the signs. You can either pull into the bus loop or the parking lot loop and stop at the STOP sign.
- Please stay in your vehicle and identify yourself to the staff member.
- Collection Table at the Curb: The labeled bag will be brought outside to a collection table where you can collect it once given the go ahead to do so.
- Library or Text Books: Any library or text books being returned may be dropped off in labeled tubs at the curb.
- Band/Orchestra Instruments: Privately owned or rented 6th grade Band or Orchestra instruments currently at school will be returned to the family during this process. ASD-owned instruments currently at school will remain at school and considered returned. ASD-owned instruments currently at home should be returned to The Horn Doctor or Petr’s Violin Shop during the week of May 4-8. Please see information from your child’s Band or Orchestra teacher regarding this process. No Band or Orchestra instruments will be accepted by the school.
Following the need to continue strict safety precautions, families will not be allowed into the building at any time during this process. Thank you for your understanding and following the procedures to keep everyone safe.
Any items in the Lost and Found or unclaimed items will be accessible in the fall when we return to Kasuun for the 2020-2021 school year. If you have any questions about this process, please contact your child’s teacher or principals.
Online Registration for the 2020-21 school year is now open to register returning to ASD students. From now until August 21, 2020, parents/guardians can log into Q ParentConnection to register their student(s). Registering your student before August is appreciated and will help us plan and prepare.
Have you moved? Will your children be attending a different school? Physical address changes cannot be made in ParentConnection. You may register online, but you will also need to notify your new school and provide proof of residency to their office when it reopens at the end of July. If you need your ParentConnection log-in information or have any questions, please contact the office at 349-9444.
Kasuun Elementary School, Assistant Principal