- King Tech High School
- Updates from King Tech
Updates from the Principal
August 27, 2018
Weekly Update: August 26, 2018
King Tech Full Time Students and Parents:
With the first week behind us, let’s recap:
1. All students are enrolled in at least one of their online courses and have been issued laptop computers and cases. Please remember to take care of your machine, charge it nightly, and have it with you each day.
2. All other online courses will be up and running on September 4 when ASDiSchool officially opens across the district.
3. Mentors have met with their students as a group and individually by now.
4. Two copies of Student IDs have been issued to most students. One ID is to go in your Chromebook case and the other in your wallets. Remember that your IDs get you on Anchorage People Mover busses free of charge. For those who did not get their ID picture taken, make-up day is on Tuesday, August 28. Listen for an announcement.
5. Power Hour (1:30 TO 2:30 Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays) begin this week. There is still room in several classes. See your mentor, a school counselor, or administrator to sign up.
6. Results from the Accuplacer exam for UAA English indicate that we have many students who came close, but none who yet qualify. Students who wish to earn college credit for English this semester may sign up for AP Literature or AP Language through ASDiSchool. More information is available in the ASDiSchool office, room 222. We will offer the Accuplacer again late this semester for those who wish to try to qualify for UAA English in the spring.
7. For students who took the Aleks mathematics placement exam and qualify for UAA Math, please see Mr. McGinley or me asap on Monday.
8. If you did not receive your King Tech t-shirt, please see Ms. Beltz in the Administrative Offices. We have select sizes in stock and will be placing another order this coming week.
9. Remember that all online teachers for core subject areas are teachers in our school. They are here to support you in your online learning. Don’t hesitate to seek them out.
10. Please don’t go hungry. If you are not signed up for lunch delivery with Wooden Spoons Alaska, or if you have forgotten to bring a lunch or money to go out for lunch, see anyone in the Student Services office. We have an assortment of healthy snacks to tide you over.
That’s all for now. Don’t hesitate to contact any of us with questions, 742-8900.
Lou Pondolfino, Principal