- Russian Jack Elementary
- Russian Jack Elementary School Homepage
End of Year to-dos for ASD Families
Another school year is ending, and we are eager for summer adventures to begin. However, before you go drop a line in the river, drop a line to your student’s school and update your contact information
Updated information will make your transition into next school year much easier and will allow ASD to contact you in the event of process changes.
Here is a quick list of items to confirm before school closes:
- Register returning ASD students online! Returning students can be registered through Q/ParentConnectionfor the 2022-23 school from April 25-January 16th, 2023. Register here
- What to do with your student Chromebook: Students who are returning to ASD (Fall 2022) and have devices checked out are to keep their device and power cord over the summer and bring them to school at the start of next school year. More info available here.
- The ASD Summer 2022 Food Service Program will provide meals to all children. Meals will be provided at the sites and times listed here.
- Apply online for free and reduced-priced meals. You must apply every school year.
- ASD has a variety of in-person and virtual summer learning options designed for Pre-K through 12th grade students. Offerings are open for high school students to meet graduation requirements or invite-only for elementary and middle school students needing additional time to build reading and math skills.
- The Anchorage School District Camper Host Program is currently accepting applications for the summer 2022 season. ASD is seeking RV travelers to park and provide a presence at school facilities. Apply here.
- Adopt a School for the Summer: The summer months bring the challenges of keeping our community’s schools and properties safe, clean, free of camps, and kid-friendly. What does it take to adopt a school for the summer? Just keep an eye out every time you pass by a school. Take a look when passing by your neighborhood school and look for anything that seems out of the ordinary. If you need to report a crime, vandalism, or any other activity at the schools, please use the contact information below.
- APD Emergency: 911
- APD Non-emergency 311, extension 1
- ASD Maintenance: 348-5111
- ASD Security: SEM@asdk12.org
ASD hopes you have a fun and safe summer enjoying all that Alaska and beyond have to offer.