- Trailside Elementary
- Trailside Elementary School Homepage
Student Council Permission Slip
Hybrid Model 2021-2022
Any student wishing to run for an office must follow the following rules:
Student Council Rules
- Representing Trailside as a Student Council member, either as an Officer or a Representative, is a major responsibility and requires exemplary behavior. Any act of misconduct or irresponsibility may result in removal from office.
- NEW THIS YEAR: All student Officers will be required to attend recess meetings on alternate Tuesdays and the President will attend a recess meeting on the following Thursday for recording the General Session. We are starting this Hybrid model anticipating no scheduling conflicts however we may need to move Officer Meetings to after school Zoom sessions should the need arise. Officers should be willing to commit to afterschool Zoom sessions prior to signing the Permission Slip.
- General Meetings will now be recorded for Representatives to watch.
- Student Council members are elected for the 2021-2022 school year.
- School grades must not fall below a “C”
- Only a 6th grade student may hold the position of President.
- Only 5th and 6th grade students may run for an office.
- All candidates must turn in their signed permission slip and proof of video review no later than THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14th.
- All candidates are limited to one poster. (guidelines will be described during the mandatory Informational Video
- Posters shall be placed neatly in the hallways along the corkboard strip or on teacher bulletin boards (with pre approval). NO TAPE will be allowed on walls! Do NOT cover or remove any other posted materials.
- All campaign activities must be cleared by Ms. Bolling, Ms. Slater. Or Mrs. Jones.
- No impossible giveaways, promises, etc
- Each officer candidate must prepare a speech to be pre recorded and aired via KTTN to staff and the student body.
If you fail to follow any of these rules, you may be disqualified.
Student Name _______________________________________________________________
Office Running For: __________________________________________________________
Classroom Teacher Signature ___________________________________________________
Parent Signature _____________________________________________________________
Student Signature ____________________________________________________________
VIDEO CODE WORD: ________________________________________________________
Signed Permission Slip and Written Speech DUE THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14TH
If you choose to create a campaign poster, it can be approved and hung Monday-Thursday, Oct.18th-21st
What is a Student Council Officer?
All Officers are to possess:
Positive Leadership in and out of the classroom Effective Time Management
Responsibility for classwork and behavior Organization
Respectfulness towards other’s ideas Ability to take the initiative
Communication skills with peers and adults Sincere desire to serve our community
Knowledge of Google Docs/Zoom Punctuality
Duties: Prepares agendas for meetings with Executive Board
Appoints members to committees
Runs Student Council meetings via Recordings
Duties: Keeps Student Council Bulletin Board up to date
Notifies Administrative Assistant of Student Council Activities
Acting President when he/she is absent (to include recording General Session)
Oversees Committees & reports to Council
Communicates with Representatives to obtain posters, class votes and correspondence
Secretary (2 Selected)
Duties: Excellent writing ability (may take notes on Chromebook)
Comfortable sharing his/her writing records with the school
Willing to work after school (or during recess) to complete writing tasks
Maintains an up to date notebook of past meeting’s minutes on Google Docs and shares
with Advisors and Executive Board
Coordinates with Vice President to ensure Administrative Assistant has written
notification of Student Council Activities
***THIS IS A REALLY BIG, AND PROBABLY MOST IMPORTANT JOB***
Publicity (2 Selected)
Duties: Keeps an up to date/accurate calendar of events
Posts reminders of meetings for representatives
Handles notices and public relations (PTA representative)
Reports news of Student Council to Mrs. Erickson for Trailside Newsletter
Keeps the Spirit Day posters up to date