- West High School
- West High School Homepage
Graduation Instructions - all seniors received a copy of this letter at the graduation meeting on May 6th
Graduation Parking Map - Parking is extremely limited, so families are encouraged to drop off their graduates and/or carpool
IMPORTANT DATES FOR GRADUATION:
March 2: Cap & Gown pickup in the old bank during lunch
(If you have not yet ordered your cap and gown, pick up the form in the counseling office or order online directly from Jostens)
April 28: Honor Graduate Celebration at 2:30 pm in the West Auditorium (reception to follow in the cafeteria)
May 2: Senior IB Diploma Candidate Ceremony, 5:30 PM in the West/Romig Library
May 4: Senior finals, periods 3, 5
May 4: Medical Academy Completion Ceremony, 6:00 pm in CTE Wing, Room C-255
May 5: Senior finals, periods 4, 6
May 6: Senior finals, periods 1, 2
May 6: Seniors Last Day of school; there will be a mandatory graduation instruction meeting in the auditorium during period 3
May 6: Russian Immersion Completion Ceremony, 5:00 pm in the West Auditorium
May 6: Spanish Immersion Completion Ceremony, 7:00 pm in the West Auditorium
May 9: Graduation at 2 PM at the Alaska Airlines Center
- View the parking map
- Review the details handed out May 6th at the mandatory meeting
- Each family will receive 6 tickets
- Graduates should be dropped off at 12:30 pm
- All guests will go through metal detectors upon arrival to the ceremony
- A graduate recessional will occur after the ceremony, and families will meet their graduates outside of the building (there will be no access for guests to the floor)
- No balloons, no air horns, and no confetti will be allowed in the Alaska Airline Center
- All graduates will be entered into a drawing for 12 additional skybox tickets. Winners will be announced during the SWOOP assembly.
For a list of all important dates for the Class of 2022, check the Monday news or click here
SENIOR COMPLETION ITEMS
- May 6th Mandatory Graduation Meeting and Graduation Ticket Pick up. Meeting will be held at 9:30 am in the West High Auditorium. After this meeting, you will not be returning to class.
- Chromebook Return
- Beginning on Monday, May 2nd, Seniors can drop off their Chromebooks to the front desk at any time the office is open. Bring the charging cable with the device when you turn it in. Make sure you have completed all the schoolwork that you need the Chromebook for. A chromebook return station will also be set up at the May 6th graduation meeting.
- Textbook and Library Book Return
- Return textbooks to your teachers. Library books should be returned to the librarian, uniforms and/or equipment should be returned to the Activities Office
- Any outstanding fees should be paid at Ms. Russell’s office. All fines must be paid in full to participate in Senior Fun Day and Prom.
- ASD Google Drive Transfer or Download Data
- You will no longer have access to your ASD Google drive files and resources once you graduate unless you “transfer” the content or “download data” before leaving. See instructions here.
- Request Transcript to be sent to a post-secondary school
- If you need your final transcripts uploaded to COMMON APPLICATION, SENDEDU, and COALITION APPLICATION, you must let your counselor know prior to May 20th. Counselors have the ability to send your transcript to ONE school only, so it’s important you let them know which one.
- If you applied to a school using their online portal or by some other method, you will need to order your transcript on the ASD website by going HERE. These transcripts will be sent electronically, unless otherwise requested.
- Graduation Gown, Hat, Tassel, and Stole. Graduating students are expected to wear the attire customarily worn for the graduation ceremony at their school. Cultural regalia guidance is outlined on the ASD website. If you have not ordered your gown, hat, tassel and stole, Jostens will be here during lunch, April 7th. You may also order through jostens.com