COVID-19 Travel Guidance for ASD Staff and Students
This guidance applies to all ASD staff and students regardless of age who return from travel outside of Alaska.
- Fully-vaccinated individuals who traveled or will travel within the United States are exempt from the testing and quarantine requirement.
- Fully-vaccinated is defined as two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series, or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine.
All other individuals:
All other travelers are required to submit a negative SARS-CoV2 test result from a test taken no earlier than 72 hours of arrival into Alaska.
- Test must be molecular-based. No antigen or antibody test.
- Test can be taken upon arrival in Alaska or anytime thereafter.
- Test can be taken no earlier than 72 hours prior to arrival in Alaska.
- The traveler must maintain strict social distance from work/school until test results are available.
If the result is positive, the traveler must remain in self-isolation and must not return to work/school until cleared by a Municipality or State Healthcare Provider (i.e. Public Health Nurse, Contact Tracer, Pediatrician, or Family Physician, etc.).
If the result is negative, the traveler may return to work/school as long as they are asymptomatic. Submit the negative result to your school nurse (student) or supervisor (employee).
If traveler chooses not to get a SARS-CoV2 test:
- The traveler must maintain strict social distance for 10 days from arrival in Alaska.
- The traveler may return to work/school on Day 11, if asymptomatic.
Travel outside of Alaska for less than 72 hours:
- No test requirement if currently asymptomatic.
- Must follow isolation protocols if experiencing symptoms.
Prior confirmed positive SARS-CoV2 result within 90 days of departure: (All Travelers)
- The traveler does not need a SARS-CoV2 test or to maintain social distance if the three following conditions are met:
- The traveler provides proof of a previously positive result of a molecular based test for SARS-CoV2 within 90 days of travel;
- The traveler is currently asymptomatic;
- The traveler submits the positive result with the date to your school nurse (student) or supervisor (employee).
Can I come to work/school while I am social distancing?
Does my child under the age of 16 need a molecular SARS-CoV2 test when returning from travel?
I had my first COVID-19 vaccine. Do I need to get a SARS-CoV2 test and strict social distance?
I am fully vaccinated and do not want to get a molecular SARS-CoV2 test. Can I go straight back to work/school after returning from travel?
I traveled to Fairbanks for four days. Do I need to get a test to return to work/school?
I am fully vaccinated and my molecular SARS-CoV2 test came back negative; however, another traveler in my household tested positive. What am I supposed to do?
If I choose to social distance, when does the first day start?
May I use an ASD school testing site after returning from travel?