Dual Credit: College credits
Dual Credit is an articulation agreement between the Anchorage School District and post-secondary education institutions such as the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA), University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) or various apprenticeship programs. ASD students can earn lower division college credit when successfully completing high school tech/prep courses or other advancements with the Apprenticeship Programs. With the ASD-UAA articulations, a small registration fee and successful completion of the ASD course will earn students credit which is recorded on their permanent college transcript. College credits provide a head start toward a post-secondary certification or degree and are transferable to other universities or college. The following courses presently have Dual Credit agreements:
- Automotive Maintenance Technology
- Aviation Maintenance
- Aviation Technology
- Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement
- Culinary Arts
- Diesel Maintenance Technology
- Electronics & Telecommunications
- Fire & Rescue Services
- Natural Resources Management
* These Apprenticeship Programs have articulation agreements: Alaska Joint Electrical Apprenticeship and Training Trust; Alaska Laborers' 341; Visser Construction; Plumbers & Pipefitters; Ryan Air; Sheet Metal Workers; NC Machinery; Alaska Operating Engineers/Employers Training Trust; Associated Builders and Contractors of Alaska, Inc.; Ironworkers Local Union 751; NECA/IBEW; and Southern Alaska Carpenters Union Training Center.
These post-secondary schools have articulation agreements: University of Alaska Anchorage; and University of Alaska Fairbanks.