Good Morning Wendler Parents,
I would first like to say “Thank you!” to our entire Wendler community (students, staff, parents, and community members) for keeping the focus on the main thing, and that’s supporting our students and each other through this Pandemic.
I would like to focus this newsletter on those items that are critical to our return plan for quarter 4. For those parents that attended the Parent Meeting this past Tuesday, you have the most current information and this is just me taking the time to put it down in writing for those parents that weren’t able to join us.
- 3rd (Asynchronous learning day) - Staff Meeting/Prep Day
- 3rd (Parent Meeting for Wendler Online Students)
- 5th (No school for students) – Inservice Day
- 8th – 12th Spring Break (No School)
- 15th First day of in-building learning for all 7th graders (8th Graders will be doing a day of Asynchronous learning)
- 16th All students return to in-building learning
4th Quarter Options for Learning
We understand that not everyone is comfortable with child returning to in-building learning on Mar. 15th, so we are providing an option for parents to choose for their child to continue on with a Zoom option. Each of our classroom teachers, in some capacity, will be Zooming with our students that will be continuing with online learning. Students that are continuing online will be expected to login on-time for all 3 periods of the day. Some teachers will be zooming in the entire time with students and be providing instruction, while some teachers will be zooming in with students for the first 10 – 20 minutes of class, will take roll, then online students will be released to work on a prerecorded lesson and activity on Canvas.
No matter which option a parent picks for their child, attendance will be taken at the beginning of each period daily. Students who are returning to in-building instruction would have the option to participate in online when the need arises (ex: possible quarantine situation, child experiencing any Covid symptoms and will need to be out for any given time frame) .
We do have an extensive Safety plan in place for all students, staff, and parents who plan to be on our school’s campus need to follow, but here are a few that we would like to highlight:
- No parents in the building (There will be a special situations)
- Safety Guidelines and Protocols are posted online (Have a link on our Wendler homepage)
- Mask must be worn at all times!
- Shields will be issued to all students for any close contact events (partner activities, eating in the lunchroom or classroom, etc..)
- Sanitizing equipment before and after an activity or at the beginning or end of a class period
- Bathroom usage will occur during classroom time only.
- All drinking fountains will be cut-off for personal use.
Important Information from Nurse Kim
- Keep ASD Symptom Free
- Ask these questions at home before sending students to school:
- Have you had COVID in the last 10 days?
- Have you had any symptoms of COVID in the last 24 hours?
- Fever, chills
- Trouble breathing
- Diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Muscle aches, joint pain or fatigue
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat, runny nose, congestion
- Have you had close contact or live in the same house with someone who has COVID?
- STAY HOME if the answer is YES to any of these questions. Check with your doctor and consider getting tested for COVID. Get emergency care immediately for severe problems like difficulty breathing. Contact the school nurse or front office to let them know the reason for the absence and to discuss when to return to school.
RETURN TO SCHOOL OPTIONS
- For anyone with COVID symptoms or a positive COVID test result
- If you test positive stay home for 10 days. You may return if no fever in 24 hours, and improving symptoms.
- If you test negative, return to school if no fever for 24 hours and improving symptoms.
- If you don’t test, stay home for 10 days, and return if no fever for 24 hours and improving symptoms.
- You may return if symptoms are from something else with a note from your health care provider as long as you have no fever for 24 hours and symptoms are improving.
- Please provide COVID test results for school nurse to attach to health record.
- If you are not sure what to do, call Nurse Kim at 742-7322 or call the school and ask for Nurse Kim.
Important to note: If your child is going to be absent for any reason, please call the office and let us know. This is a critical step for parents to follow in order to help us maintain a Covid-free school environment.
What Should Students Bring with them Daily
- Their Electronic Device (Fully Charged Chromebook, Lap top, etc..)
- Mask (Maybe multiple ones)
- Water bottles
- School will provide Breakfast, Snack, and frozen lunch at the end of the day for students to take home.
- Please send your child/ren with additional Food Items from Home
For those students that interested in playing intramural sports, those activities will begin the first day we return on March 15th. Parents will need to fill out 3 forms, 1) a Covid waiver, 2) participation form, and 3) have a physical completed by March 15th.
- Boys & Girls Basketball (Mon. & Tues. from 2:30 – 4:15)
- Boys & Girls Volleyball (Thurs. & Fri. from 2:30 – 4:15)
- Co-ed Cross Country Skiing (Mon., Tues., Thurs, Fri. from 2:30-4:15)
4th Quarter Schedule for Wendler
Please look at the attached document.
Mr. Marcus Wilson
Principal, Wendler Middle School
messages/attachments/bde558524bbcaf1aae68c832f90bfd16/Screen_Shot_2021-03-01_at_11.04.14_AM.png (125.3 KB)