2022-23 EAGLE RIVER HIGH WINTER SPORTS AND ACTIVITES
Thank you athletes, coaches and parents for a fantastic Wolves’ WINTER season!
All sport sign-ups will be done online for the 2022-2023 school year, through Planeths.com and parent connect.
Please call or email Mrs. Huffer if you are having issues. Please make sure to check the website for all necessary paperwork, fees, information on sport physicals, and any updates that maybe happening. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED A planeths.com ACCOUNT AND HAVE PARTICIPATED IN ANOTHER SPORT THIS SCHOOL YEAR, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS MAKE PAYMENT AND EMAIL THE RECEIPT TO HUFFER_JOYCE@ASDK12.ORG THEN SEE MRS. HUFFER IN THE OFFICE FOR YOUR GOLDEN TICKET.
Sports or activities that start later, sign ups start two weeks before the start of the season, which is listed below. https://www.asdk12.org/domain/1918
Sport/Activity Practice Begins
Hockey Oct 13th, 2021
Nordic Skiing Nov 3rd, 2021
Basketball Dec 1st, 2021
Basketball Cheer Dec 1st, 2021
How to Register For Sports
Once online registration is complete, please see or email Mrs. Huffer to verify online payment and complete your final GPA eligibility check and get your Gold ticket for practice.
Register online through PlanetHS.com
Create a PlanetHS Account
- Students go tohttps://www.planeths.com/
- Click Sign-up to create account
- Click Link Account and enter your parent’s mobile number or email
- Parents will receive a link to create an account via text or email
- Remember Sign-in with Email or Mobile Number only. The option to Sign-in with Student ID is referring to a PlanetHS specific ID, not a District ID.
- Complete online forms: Both parents and students MUST sign and submit the Athletic or Activity Forms listed online
- Important: upload a scanned image or picture of Page 2 of the Sport Physical Exam Form clearly showing the Physician’s signature.
Online payment of fees MUST be made using the Parent Connect student information system.
The Anchorage School District has instituted an activity fee for all ASAA activities.
The established fee for high school activities is $200.
The following guidelines apply to this fee:
- Those activities that “pay to play” include all ASAA competitive programs with the exception of Honors, Music, Solo ensemble and World Language Declamation.
- All fees are to be collected as part of the eligibility process at the beginning of the season for each sport.
- Any student that is not selected for the team will have the fee returned to them ONLY once asked to do so by parent or coach within 5 days of sport starting.
- The final team determination will be made and announced to students within the first five days of the season.
- No student is allowed to try out for the team without paying the fee or obtaining an approved activity fee waiver.
- Fees are collected according to standard district accounting procedures since the funds are to be deposited into the general fund account rather than the school account.
- Any student who is still participating after the date for the first contest in which that student could have competed is NOT eligible for a refund.
- Refunds must be requested from the activities office within five school days of that date.
- A student who qualifies for the free or reduced federal lunch program will be granted an activity fee waiver. Once they request the paperwork to do so.
- There is an individual student cap of $400 per school year. There is no fee for participation in subsequent activities once a student reaches the individual student cap, BUT YOU MUST PROVIDE MRS. HUFFER WITH THAT INFORMATION, SHE HAS NO ACCESS TO KNOWING WHO IS AND IS NOT MET THE FEE CAP.
- Athletes must be enrolled in at least 5 ASD classes to participate in sports
- 1STQTR/2nd sem. grades will be verified for: 2.0 GPA minimum & 5 classes passed. If you are a student who is homeschooled it is your responsibility to bring in your official transcript and official class schedule.
- Seniors who are on track to graduate (have at least 17.5 credits) may enroll in 4 classes and still be eligible.
You must complete the eligibility process with the Activities Office before you are allowed to begin practice with any team. Once all forms have been completed and fees paid, please email Mrs. Huffer @ Huffer_Joyce@asdk12.org with the student’s name and copy of payment receipt to finish the process
You must complete the eligibility process with the Activities Office BEFORE you CAN PARTICIPATE in practice with any team. Once all forms have been completed and fees paid, please email Mrs. Huffer @ email@example.com with the student’s name and copy of payment receipt to finish the process, and go to the activities office to get your Golden ticket. if you are a homeschool athlete, please include your transcript FROM SEMESTER 1 with your email.
For more information, call or email:
Joyce Huffer ERHS Administrative Activities Assistant
ERHS Activities Website- https://www.asdk12.org/domain/1918
NCAA Portal http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future